Jump to the following:

Internet cookies at Ordnance Survey

We use cookies on this website in order to make your visit run more smoothly and to give us statistics that help us plan future enhancements. Learn more about the cookies we use.

  • No one knows Great Britain better

    Online | Mobile | Paper

    Start your adventure

  • Get fit with OS getamap

    Access every Ordnance Survey map of Great Britain, download ready-made routes and create your own.

    Access getamap

  • HomeProtect improves insurance pricing and reduces claims

    "We were able to drop the price of 80% of new quotes and for the remaining 20%, we were able to price more accurately."

    Read the case study

  • OS Custom Made

    Personalise your outdoor adventures with a bespoke OS Custom Made map

    Find out more

  • OS Ride the Tour app

    With all cycling stages mapped and ready to ride, you can follow in the path of the pros.

    More about the app

Find maps by location

UK map

Interactive map

Map data for business & government

We work with a wide range of business and government organisations, providing high quality, accurate data to support their decision making. Digital map data helps these organisations visualise data with a geographic context; see examples on our case study finder.

News: Ordnance Survey signs new agreement with Openreach.

Our products information pages will provide you with more in-depth information about OS OpenData, OS MasterMap, OS OpenSpace and AddressBase – just some of our key products and services.

Find out more

OS getamap

The essential tool for getting the best of the great outdoors. Free online access to OS Explorer Maps and OS Landranger Maps; plan, share and print your own routes; find points of interest or view more than 150,000 routes from other users.

Start your adventure today

Create your own personalised map

In just a few minutes you can create your very own unique map, centred anywhere in Great Britain, and add your photo and titles to the front cover. Perfect for exploring around your local area, remembering your favourite adventure, or as a unique gift for a friend or loved one.

Make your map now

Great Britain's national mapping agency

We see the detail, so you see the bigger picture.

Help & support

Our help and support pages ensure our commercial and government customers unlock the full potential from their mapping agreement membership and the use of our data.

Read more

Notice: telephone number changes

Following Ofcom recommendations on simplifying call charges to consumers, we are switching all help desks from 0845 numbers to 0345 prefixes.

More about the telephone number changes

From the blog Ordnance Survey blog

Does walking really improve your creativity?

“All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.” So observed eminent philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche in his book ‘Twilight of the Idols, or, How to Philosophise with a Hammer’. Whilst Nietzsche’s comments were recorded more than 125 years ago, they’ve been backed up much more recently by researchers from America’s Stanford University in an article published in...…

Read more

Outdoors news, reviews and promotions

Visit our blog and browse great articles helping you get the most of your outdoor activities. With constantly updated in-depth product reviews, how-to guides, as well as regular offers and competitions there’s a lot to explore.

Read more

Planning application maps

If you require mapping for a planning application or to register land, we work with a number of partners who provide online mapping services. Alternatively, you can purchase mapping through one of our partners with a walk-in outlet on the high street – find your nearest.

Our partners

Desktop wallpaper

Each month we offer you a stunning new image from across Great Britain to brighten up your desktop PC, laptop or mobile. These pictures are supplied by our website visitors and provide a scenic background to your desktop or mobile device.

If you like our wallpaper images, please consider sharing a link to them via Facebook or Twitter, so that others can also enjoy them.

Get yours now


Entrepreneurs, developers, community groups, innovators – make the most from our innovative offerings including our latest GeoVation challenge and our OS OpenData products that help you put your ideas on the map.

Access the resources you need and be inspired by the success stories of previous GeoVation challenge participant stories.

Read more

Back to top