Policies and procedures for the conduct of departmental business
We publish information on policy and practice, in relation to licences and agreements, with an explanation of these may be viewed here.
You may also view the following internal Ordnance Survey policies:
Policies and procedures for the provision of services
Our procurement guide, tendering and how we work with suppliers may be viewed here.
Our basic scale revision policy is the criteria we apply when determining how quickly different areas and new features of the built environment are surveyed or re-surveyed.
Policies and procedures for the recruitment and employment of staff
You are able to view our recruitment process here. From this page you can access additional information: the application process and any current vacancies.
Ordnance Survey is committed to promoting equality in all our practices. You may view our Equality Scheme.
You may view our customer service standards.
Records Management and personal data policies
Charging regimes and policies
Legislation and regulations
Please click on the following links to locate the appropriate legislation and regulatory information:
- Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988
- The Copyright and Rights in Databases (Amendment) Regulations 2003
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Environmental Information Regulations
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- FOI Commencement Orders 1-5 (Statutory Instruments of 2001-2004)
- HMSO Information Fair Trader Scheme
- Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations, 2005 (SI 2005/1515)
- The Competition Act 1998 and similar EU obligations