We are committed to providing a quality service and quality products and ensuring customer satisfaction. We welcome your feedback to help us meet and exceed your expectations.
Our Customer Service team answers almost 10,000 enquiries every month. These can be general enquiries about our products and services or answering a wide range of questions, for example:
- Which maps show cycle routes?
- How do I apply for a licence?
- Which map can I use for walking in the countryside?
- How do I open a trade account with you?
Our Customer Service Centre will also take details of your comments and suggestions.
Our Customer Service Centre can supply a wide range of free literature including:
- Services for business customers.
- Map reading made easy – a popular leaflet explaining how to read a map and navigate with a compass (try our interactive version).
- Mapping Index – to help you choose which map you need.
- Our Annual Report and Accounts.
We strive to provide excellent customer service and welcome comments and suggestions to help improve our products and services.
For many years we have:
- consulted with our user groups;
- been involved with major utilities, local authorities, the professional sector and the general public;
- remained open to comment, suggestion and criticism;
- carried out regular market research; and
- used feedback from customer surveys to improve products and services.
Learn about our service standards and performance to date.
Making a complaint
We strive to ensure our products and services meet your requirements. If you are not completely satisfied, a formal complaints procedure has been developed to ensure we address the problem and put things right.
If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us. We will strive to resolve any problem in an efficient and timely manner.
If you feel your complaint remains unresolved, you can ask the Customer Complaints Officer to refer it to our Customer Service Manager, who will personally review the matter and consult the Director General and Chief Executive where appropriate.
We have been accredited under the Information Fair Trader Scheme and are committed to upholding its principles. If you have a complaint about our compliance with the standards set by the Scheme or about any aspect of our accreditation under IFTS, we will investigate it thoroughly and give you a formal response. You should make your complaint in writing by letter, fax or email to our Customer Service Centre, marking your correspondence “Complaint under IFTS”
If you are unhappy about the way that we have handled a complaint under our IFTS procedures and you wish the Office of Public Sector Information to investigate further please see their website for details of the relevant process.
You will find full details of our policies and processes of compliance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, (FOIA). If you are unhappy about the way in which we have dealt with an enquiry under FOIA and wish to appeal please make your complaint in writing by letter, fax or email to:
The FOIA Appeals Officer at our Customer Service Centre using our contact details, marking your correspondence “FOIA Appeal”.
If you have a complaint or wish to appeal about the way in which we have dealt with a request for Re-use under the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations, 2005 (SI 2005/1515) please see the relevant process where you will also find details of our processes for dealing with applications for Re-use.