We’re excited to be helping developers of mobile applications with our latest launch of our mapping software development kit (SDK), OS OpenSpace SDK for iOS devices.
It’s free and allows developers to quickly and easily add detailed Ordnance Survey maps to their apps on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It gives them access to the range of high quality datasets available within both the OS OpenSpace and OS OpenSpace Pro API.
Developers access OS Openspace through the new SDK and can easily select which products are displayed within their applications. These products include overview mapping for Great Britain, street level mapping featuring detailed building property boundaries and accurate road networks, vector based mid-scale mapping and the popular, and trusted, outdoor mapping product, OS Landranger Maps (1: 50 000), featuring national parks, tracks, paths and fields.
We also thought we’d share some of the key features the SDK offers to further enhance the mapping within the applications:
- Zoom and pan controls – native touch gesture recognisers provide tap and pinch zoom controls for the mapping.
- Annotations – developers can add features, markers and customised annotations to make truly interactive maps.
- Search – developers can create searchable maps by accessing gazetteer and addressing datasets through the SDK.
- Overlays – developers can easily create and style polylines and polygons.
- User location – the new SDK provides a core location API to easily display the apps user location on the map.
The new SDK is available now.