Ordnance Survey is launching it’s second GeoVation challenge of the year today – this time it’s focusing on the Welsh Coastal Path.
With a prize fund of £125,000 , the challenge is calling for creative thinkers, developers and entrepreneurs to submit their ideas on how to better connect communities, businesses and visitors through the application of geography, mapping, innovation and expertise.
The latest challenge is called “How can we connect communities and visitors along the Wales Coastal Path?”
Some areas the challenge hopes to tackle include:
- How can we stimulate local business growth on the back of genuine problems that need solving?
- How can more be done for local communities to support and use the path?
- How can we engage and empower children to use, take more interest in and become proud of the path?
- How can we provide accessible information to help people plan their walks based on their needs, abilities and expectation?
- How can we provide a joined-up public transport system across the Wales coast Path?