Location brings insight
Integrate your customer records with our location data and you'll see some great benefits to your business.
Our data is accurate to one metre and we make around 10,000 geographic updates a day to our system, so you can feel confident that you're getting the most up-to-date information of Britain.
- Helping your business
BT Openreach says:
“With OS OnDemand, we're confident that we're sending the right information to the Highways Authority, ultimately saving us time and money.”
Graham Roberts, Job Allocator, Openreach
Helping your business
Stay ahead of your competition; find the best location for opening a new store and learn about your competitor's plans.
Access points of interest, road networks and addresses
Land & property
Improve your customers' operations, whether it's selecting a suitable site, managing assets or planning logistics.
Identify land terrain, building heights and points of interest
Whether you work in insurance or the banking sector, location can help you reduce time, money and risk.
Accurate address data is key – right down to individual flats
Energy & infrastructure
Your utility company can use our map data to plan for emergencies, manage your assets and improve your services.
Use our map data online to view road networks and addresses
Whether you're planning your next retail development, tackling fraud or planning bus routes, accurate location information is key. We map Great Britain in great detail, down to the shape of your office car park. That's 10,000 changes daily. Then we create a wide range of datasets that enable you to visualise your world in a way you never imagined possible. Start exploring it with us.
- The most detailed, current and comprehensive map dataset of Great Britain, you can reference your data with it to any real-world feature. This helps you to manage your organisation's assets more effectively.
- A dataset of Great Britain's road network from motorways to urban paths, it includes restrictions such as one-way systems – ideal for navigation applications. View it in context with the Topography Layer.
- AddressBase Premium is the most current, comprehensive and accurate geographic dataset available of addresses, properties and land areas where services are provided. It even includes properties yet to be built.
- Expertly colour-balanced and corrected for geometric distortions (orthorectified), this is seamless aerial photography of the highest quality. Over 98% of our imagery is 5 years old or less; 66% is 3 years old or less.
- Regularly updated in line with other large-scale datasets, OS Terrain 5 explicitly and accurately models significant features such as roads, railways, quarries and lakes. It’s ideal for flood risk analysis and much more.
Benefits of using our data
- You can make critical decisions for your business
- You're able to evaluate potential risks
- You can identify opportunities and areas of improved efficiency
- You'll gain a competitive edge in your industry
We're here to support you
We offer support, whether a potential or existing customer, to guide you through our products and services.
The first quote is a duplicate of the last and vice versa. This allows for an endless looping effect in the carousel.
“At RSA we use Ordnance Survey data to make informed decisions on how and where to deploy resources during major flood events.”Rob Osment,
Global GeoRisk Director, RSA
“AddressBase and the UPRN has enabled National Grid to share information more efficiently across the industry providing a single version of the truth.”Chris Train, Group Director,
Safety, Sustainability & Resilience, National Grid
“The team I deal with at OS are extremely helpful and often go the extra mile to meet your needs.”Mark Wood,
Head of Statistics & Modelling, Legal & General
Our location data in action
Here are just some case studies showing how businesses use our location data. View all case studies.