Ordnance Survey and the public sector
Your public sector organisation could benefit from free Ordnance Survey mapping data.
Find out what you could be entitled to and how to join.
How does OS help the public sector?
Our mapping agreements provide a consistent national framework of geospatial data for the public sector. Whoever and wherever you are, you can now work from the same datasets, giving you a consistent view of your city, town, parish or region.
We have negotiated collective agreements with the governments in London and Edinburgh that make it easy for you to get free access to our highly-detailed map and address datasets, helping you take faster and better informed decisions.
Getting the value out of OS data through the Public Sector and One Scotland Mapping Agreements
OS data is traditionally used to underpin third party datasets and as background mapping, but it can help you to do much more. The analytical capability of our data is second to none. Combine it with your own datasets, style and interrogate it to make a real difference to the work you do for your organisation, community and the customers you serve.
What's on offer?
- A common licensing framework for your non-commercial provision of public services.
- Datasets including OS MasterMap Topography Layer and AddressBase Premium
- A range of online support resources and regular updates via email
- Networking opportunities at regular meetings organised by our relationship managers.
- Annual conferences where you can share best practice with colleagues from around the country.
PSMA has the following governing bodies:
OSMA has the following governing body:
Discover the value delivered by mapping agreements to the public sector. View all case studies.