- Do you have any mapping data that I can access for free?
OS OpenData™ is a range of online mapping products for Great Britain which you can access for free.
- I need to access mapping which shows electoral constituencies, where can I do this?
Our Election maps site is designed to help the understanding of the electoral geography of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It is for use by teachers, MPs, councillors, candidates and party workers to see the extent of electoral constituencies against various scales of mapping background.
- Do you have leaflets on map reading that I can give out to my school/youth/scout group?
Yes, we have map reading made easy leaflets, available for you as a PDF file.
You can print out unlimited copies of these leaflets for use in your group. Unfortunately, due to the amount of storage required, we are no longer print and send out paper copies of these leaflets on request.
- I am a teacher/youth group leader, are there any free teaching resources available?
Yes - please see our Education pages.
- Do you have any leaflets which explain the map symbols?
Yes. There are Map symbol sheets which can be used in conjunction with our 1:25 000 scale OS Explorer maps and 1:50 000 scale OS Landranger maps (in English and Welsh versions). We also have Map symbol flashcards available as a teaching aid.
- Do you have digital outline maps of Great Britain?
We have several free outline maps available in vector and raster image formats and as PDF files.
- I would like to embed an interactive map into my website. How do I do this?
Our free service OS OpenSpace allows you to enhance your website using online mapping. OS OpenSpace is designed for individual developers and organisations such as local community groups, national special interest groups and local charities.