Our location data helps support over £100 billion of Great Britain’s economy. It’s crucial when disasters strike, when emergency services need to get somewhere fast, when developers need to find the right site to build on...
... And while our much-loved paper maps are still an important part of our brand, they represent only 5% of our annual revenue. We’re a digital data powerhouse.
There’s lots going on at OS. Our creative software engineers, designers, researchers, product managers, developers, surveyors, cartographers, marketers and user experience team (to name a few) work hard to bring cutting-edge ideas to life, and we’re always looking to the future.
We’re passionate about leading the way with location. So passionate, that we’ve got a Hub in London dedicated just to geospatial innovation.
Our reach is international
Governments across the world have seen how we collect map data and how it's used, and they want to be able to do the same. We advise other countries so that they can build a stronger economy.
What do you get?
We value our people. It’s about the give and the get. If you throw yourself into your work, you'll find you reap the rewards and get a lot in return.
Total reward package
- Get an industry-competitive salary.
- Join a great pension scheme (PDF).
- Get 25 days' holiday per year (30 days after five years) with an extra three over Christmas.
- Enjoy discounts – retail, leisure, sport, health and technology.
- Use our travel scheme – car share, cycle to work or bus vouchers.
- Ease your childcare worries with our on-site subsidised nursery.
We invest in you
- Take training and development opportunities to keep your skills current.
- Get support for your health and wellbeing – eye care vouchers, child care credits and health checks.
- We support a range of flexible working styles including part-time hours, remote working, job sharing and partial retirement.
- Take one volunteer day a year to give back to the community.
- Find opportunities to grow within the business.
Be part of a creative, nurturing culture
- Experiment with new technologies; help shape a growing industry.
- Get involved in social clubs including running, volleyball, yoga, Insanity classes, photography and our choir.
- If based at our head office, enjoy working in our purpose-built, open plan, eco-friendly building on the South Coast.
- Refuel in our on-site restaurant, cafe and shop.
- Work with friendly, supportive, encouraging people.
Who are you?
We're looking for talented and ambitious people who can make a real difference.
Realise that work is never done and go that extra mile. Be inquisitive; explore innovative ideas and seek out new opportunities. Stay up to date with industry knowledge and look for ways to push yourself.
Make information beautifully simple. Build on our brand reputation. Put yourself in customers’ shoes. Have a can-do attitude and motivation to get the job done.
Provide accurate content. Work with people towards the same goal. Be supportive; listen to others and take responsibility for your ideas and actions. Share your skills, knowledge and experience to help drive our culture and encourage others.
Explore new technologies and markets. Challenge the norm; ask questions; push the boundaries; show initiative; embrace change. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Be willing to stand out from the crowd.