Request for information FOI12307
Thank you for your recent Freedom of Information request, asking for the following information from Ordnance Survey:
'I am writing to request details of incidents when the Data Protection Act has been breached, including data lost, by your employees and contractors over the past three years.
For clarity, our definition of the "past three years" is the period up from 1st July 2009 to 1st July 2012.
To be clear I am requesting:
1. The total number of times there has been a breach of the Data Protection Act including data loss in the period,
2. The total number of employees that have been disciplined internally for breaches of Data Protection Act in the period
3. Please also provide details of each breach of the Data Protection Act, for example the type of Data that was involved and the number of people affected.
4. Details of action taken, including whether each breach was reported to the Information Commissioner's Office'
Ordnance Survey is unable to help you with your enquiry as we do not hold this information. The reason we do not hold this information, is because there have been no data breaches or losses for the time period to which your request relates.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Appeals Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Appeals Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Appeals Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner's guidance.
The FOI Appeals Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner's Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Thank you for your enquiry.