Request for information – FOI13384
Thank you for your e-mail of 24 June 2013, requesting the following information from Ordnance Survey:
1. Please could you provide me with an indication of the department’s total spend on legal counsel for each of the following financial years:
2. Please break down each year’s spend, categorised to the finest level of detail available within your budget (example legal spend in relation to property, staff etc.). I would prefer to get the information via email and, if possible, in Microsoft Excel friendly format.
Ordnance Survey does hold information regarding legal spend in the last three years. Attached to this e-mail is a spreadsheet detailing the amounts recorded (from our internal finance system) to the internal accounting code for legal fees. The information in this spreadsheet represents the finest level of detail held.
As all the requested information has been provided, we have determined that in all the circumstances of this case the Public interest consideration (section 17 FOIA) is not applicable in this instance.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.