Request for information – FOI13401
Thank you for your e-mail of 29 July, which we acknowledge, requesting the following information:
1. I was just looking at one of the books that I have on loan from Rothley Library and I have noticed a page about the electrical supply in Rothley which equates to the document that you sent me also there is a detailed map of Rothley which is the sort of map I am looking for concerning Brighton.
2. One of my projects is Nuclear Research of the Celestial/Nebular type and I have enclosed some further documentation about this including Jodrell Bank.
I was wondering if Ordnance Survey has any research documents on the above.
I regret to inform you that Ordnance Survey is unable to help you with your information request, as we do not hold the information you have requested. We detail why this information is not held below:
1. The mapping which you have provided as an attachment to your request concerning Rothley is not Ordnance Survey mapping, therefore we are unable to provide similar mapping of this nature for Brighton. Our previous FOI response (FOI13389) advised where you may obtain Ordnance Survey street level mapping of Brighton, via OS OpenData™.
2. We do not hold research documents in relation to 'Nuclear Research of the Celestial/Nebular type' as Ordnance Survey is the national mapping authority of Great Britain and it is not within our remit to undertake or hold information in relation to this issue. Visit our public task web page for information about our public task.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
In the meantime, should you need to contact Ordnance Survey regarding your request at any time, please quote the allocated reference number: FOI13401 in any correspondence.