Request for information FOI14447
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please can you provide the following:
- How much was spent on Departmental Christmas and New Year parties last year (i.e. November/December 2013) hosted by staff or ministers at the Department
- A detailed breakdown of what the money was spent on
- The venue and date of each party and the number of people invited
- Minutes of any meetings at which such parties were included as a separate agenda item
- If none were funded by public money, please detail exactly how they were funded
Thank you for your e-mail of 7 January 2013, which we acknowledge, requesting information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000.
Ordnance Survey is unable to help you with your request for information, as we do not hold this information. The reason this information is not held, is because Ordnance Survey has spent no money on departmental Christmas and New Year parties, hosted by staff or ministers at the department.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Should you need to contact Ordnance Survey regarding your request at any time, please quote the allocated reference number: FOI14447 in any correspondence.