Request for information – FOI14451
- On what date did Ordnance Survey stop retailing the ISYS product Hillwalker Max?
- For what reason(s) did Ordnance Survey stop retailing the ISYS product Hillwalker Max?
- Did Ordnance Survey ever receive any other complaints in respect of the ISYS product Hillwalker Max?
Thank you for your e-mail of 3 February 2014, requesting information form Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000.
Ordnance Survey does hold some of the information to respond to your information request, and we respond to each of your points as follows:
1. On what date did the Ordnance Survey stop retailing the ISYS product Hillwalker Max?
This information is held by Ordnance Survey. We stopped retailing this product in July 2013.
2. For what reason(s) did the Ordnance Survey stop retailing the ISYS product Hillwalker Max?
This information is held by Ordnance Survey. The reason we stopped retailing this item was because we were unable to obtain additional stock from ISYS.
3. Did the Ordnance Survey ever receive any other complaints in respect of the ISYS product Hillwalker Max?
This information is not held by Ordnance Survey, because we have no recorded/held information referencing complaints about this particular product – other than those raised by you.
In reaching the decision that this information is not held, we have interrogated our electronic Customer Contact system, which documents our customer communication activity since 2008.
We have used a number of keyword searches within the system covering the complaints activity section, records by subject title and e-mails by subject heading with the aim of identifying any reference to this product.
This has produced no results other than the communications relating to your own complaint.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.