Request for information – FOI14453
Kable’s research into ICT in the public sector is used by a broad range of stakeholders including government bodies. The purpose of this request is to help improve Kable’s understanding of the allocation of resources to corporate or back office functions across the public sector to support an analysis of the potential for increasing efficiencies within those areas.
Please provide the information requested (in the table below) for each of the designated corporate services functions.
Thank you for your e-mail, of 7 February 2014, which we acknowledge, requesting information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000.
Ordnance Survey does hold some of the information to respond to your information request, and we respond to each of your points below for the designated corporate service functions.
Finance & accounting
1. Number of FTE headcount (employed directly by your organisation) dedicated to this function
This is a small percentage of time, at less than 1 FTE
2. What is the annual budget for providing this function?
This information was provided in a spreadsheet – available upon request
3. Please provide a breakdown of the annual costs as you would usually present it. (e.g. by staff, software, services)
4. Is any part of this service function provided by an external supplier (i.e. not by your organisation)? If so, please name the supplier(s).
The Payroll function is provided by Logica UK Ltd.
The Pensions administration services are provided by Cabinet Office via MyCSP
This information is not held, because these functions are not outsourced.
5. What type of services do these suppliers provide?
(e.g. bureau service, shared service capability, full outsourcing)
6. Is any part of this service function shared with other public sector organisations?
Payroll services for Ordnance Survey are procured under the terms of a call off contract subject to provision of a framework agreement through Cabinet Office, represented by Buying Solutions.
This information is not held, because these service functions are not shared with other public sector organisations.
7. If so, please indicate what is shared and with whom
All of the information other than that requested under your questions 4, 5, 6 and 7 for the HR, finance and accounting and procurement functions is held and we provide the information to respond to your information request in the above table, or on the spreadsheet attached to the initial response and available upon request.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.