Request for information FOI14457
Could you please provide me with the total number of laptops owned by your organisation that were registered to and/or in the possession of staff members (whether directly employed by your organisation or otherwise) on the following two dates:
- 1 May 2010 (or nearest available date – please specify), and
- 1 May 2013 (or nearest available date – please specify)
Thank you for your e-mail of 7 March 2014, requesting information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000:
Ordnance Survey does not hold the information to respond to your request.
This is because the information we hold references the number of laptops we have purchased during a period of time and does not necessarily detail the number of laptops owned at a specific date. The information is held in this manner, as this fits with our own internal business requirements.
Under Section 16 of the FOIA ‘the duty to provide advice and assistance’ we can advise the following which may be of assistance:
- 754 Laptops were purchased from November 2004 (the earliest date our records begin) to May 2010. In addition, 31 are listed on our Asset register (those above a purchase price threshold) for this time. Please note, the vast majority of the 754 have been decommissioned at some point, but the date of decommissioning for each laptop is not held.
- 734 laptops were purchased from April 2010 to May 2013 including those laptops recorded on the Asset register.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.