Request for Information – FOI14486
Thank you for your email of 26 August 2014 which we acknowledge, requesting information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000.
The request is as follows:
1. How many BAME staff do you currently employ within you organisation?
2. How many women do you currently employ within your organisation?
3. How many BAME staff do you currently employ in senior management positions i.e over pay grade 6?
4. How many women do you currently employ in senior management positions i.e over pay grade 6?
5. Could we please have a breakdown of the different ethnic groups within your senior management positions?
6. Of the BAME people you have in senior management positions how long have they been employed by you?
7. How many active schemes to improve diversity do you have within your workplace and how many schemes to encourage future senior BAME employees?
I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold this information:
1. Ordnance Survey currently employs 36 BAME staff.
2. Ordnance Survey currently employs 313 women.
3. No BAME staff are currently employed in senior management positions i.e. over pay grade 6 at Ordnance Survey.
4. Ordnance Survey employs 1 woman in a senior management position i.e. over pay grade 6.
5. All senior management i.e. over pay grade 6 are of white European origin.
6. No BAME staff are currently employed in senior management positions at Ordnance Survey.
7. There are currently 6 active schemes to improve diversity at Ordnance Survey and 2 schemes to encourage future senior BAME employees.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our Internal review Officer, by contacting them using the following details:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above in any correspondence. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the stipulated time limit (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to inform you whether or not we hold the information requested
- Failed to provide the information requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will normally inform you of the outcome of the review within 20 working days. In exceptional circumstances, this may be extended to 40 working days, in line with the guidance from the Information Commissioner.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or will release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review, you remain unhappy with Ordnance Survey’s response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.