Request for Information – FOI14487
Thank you for your email of 27 August 2014 which we acknowledge, requesting information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000.
The request is as follows:
Under the Freedom of Information Act I would like to request the following information about the issuance of contracts:
1. Could you please provide me with the total number of contracts put out for tender by your organisation during the following two periods:
a) 1 January 2010 – 31 December 2010 (or the nearest available 12-month period – please specify), and
b) 1 January 2013 – 31 December 2013 (or the nearest available 12-month period – please specify)?
2. For each of these two periods, please state how many of these contracts were awarded after a tendering process in which only one contractor submitted a bid.
I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold this information and the answers are as follows:-
1. a) According to our tender log there were eight tenders for the period 1 January 2010 – 31 December 2010.
1. b) According to our tender log there were 11 tenders for the period 1 January 2013 – 31 December 2013.
2. According to our tender log, one contract was awarded after a tendering process in which only one contractor submitted a bid. This was for the period 1 January 2010 – 31 December 2010.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our Internal review Officer, by contacting them using the following details:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above in any correspondence. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the stipulated time limit (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to inform you whether or not we hold the information requested
- Failed to provide the information requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will normally inform you of the outcome of the review within 20 working days. In exceptional circumstances, this may be extended to 40 working days, in line with the guidance from the Information Commissioner.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or will release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review, you remain unhappy with Ordnance Survey’s response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.