Request for information – FOI14490
Thank you for your email of 4 September 2014, requesting:
1. Name of unions which are signatories to your main collective agreement covering pay and conditions
2. Number of employees covered by the agreement
3. Lists of grades and current pay rates. Please indicate any agreed equivalence between the grade names used within the list and the following civil service grades:
a) Administrative Assistant (AA)
b) Administrative Officer (AO)
c) Executive Officer (EO)
d) Higher Executive Officer (HEO)
e) Senior Executive Officer (SEO)
f) Grade 7
g) Grade 6
4. Copy of the latest pay settlement. If the latest pay settlement is based on the 1% maximum paybill increase set by the Treasury, please provide the following information on how the 1% has been applied:
a) Have there been any changes to the pay scales?
b) Are progression payments being paid?
c) Are performance-related bonuses being paid? If so, what are the arrangements for performance-related bonuses?
5. Have any changes to terms and conditions been implemented as a result of the Civil Service Reform Plan (Modernising the Employment Contract)? If so, what changes have been made? Do these changes apply to:
a) New staff?
b) Promoted staff?
c) Existing staff?
I confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold the information you have requested, and the answers are as follows:
1. The names of unions which are signatories to our main collective agreement covering pay and conditions are Prospect and PCS.
2. The numbers of employees covered by the agreement is 1198.
3. The list of grades and current pay rates are as follows:
|Grade names used||Civil Service grades||Min £||Max £|
|Administrative Assistant (AA)||None||None||None|
|Administrative Officer (AO)||1C||£15,663||£19,235|
|Executive Officer (EO)||2A,2B||£18,626||£26,487|
|Higher Executive Officer (HEO)||2C,3A||£23,284||£32,231|
|Senior Executive Officer (SEO)||3B,3C||£28,787||£39,509|
|Grade 6 Senior Manager (Head)||Senior Manager (Head)||£61,206||£95,000|
4. a) Yes, there has been a change of 0.92% increase to the pay scales.
b) Yes, progression payments are being paid at 0.08% increase. The total of Grade 1 and 2 above equals a 1% maximum IRC pay bill cost.
c) Yes payment related bonuses are being paid. The arrangements are that there is no consolidated lump sum. The size of the fund is aligned to organisational profit performance and awards are differentiated by individuals based on their performance ratings.
5. No changes have been made to the terms and conditions.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.