FOI14515 – Request for information
Thank you for your email of 7 January 2015, requesting:
I’m trying to find the following Ordnance Survey contacts, please can you help me?
1. Head of Legal
2. Head of Procurement
4. Head of Information Governance
Is it possible to get their names and email addresses?
I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold some of the information you have requested to respond to your information request. Where the information is not held, this is stated.
- The Head of Legal is Jonathan O’Meara and his email address is Jonathan.OMeara@os.uk
- The Head of Procurement is Geraldine Ward and her email address is Geraldine.Ward@os.uk. Geraldine is a contractor working for Ordnance Survey.
- Ordnance Survey does not hold this information because we do not have a person in a role which would equate to this position.
Ordnance Survey does not hold this information because we do not have a person in a role which would equate to this position.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.