Request for information – FOI14520
Thank you for your email of 20 January 2015, requesting the following information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act FOIA 2000:
- How many people in your organisation in water-related areas? (“Water-related areas” include areas such as water management, water quality, water supply, water availability, and the themes covered by the EU Water Framework Directive, namely River basin management, Water scarcity/drought, Drinking water, Bathing water, Water pollution, Adaptation to climate change).
- How many people in your organisation work specifically in the area of flood risk management?
- To what extent does the number of people in working in water-related areas (Question 1) include or exclude the numbers working in “flood risk management” (Question 2)? (Please feel free to provide an estimate or rough indication, if it is difficult to be precise. I would rather get the data back on Questions 1 and 2, and ideally an indication for Question 3 if possible, rather than create too much work and risk delay).
I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold some of the information you have requested to respond to your information request. Where the information is not held, this is stated.
- I can confirm that we do hold this information. Ordnance Survey does have one maintenance engineer who is responsible for the water management. Please note that this engineer is a contractor for Norland Facilities Management.
- I can confirm that we do not hold this information. We do not hold this information because we do not have any people who work specifically in the area of flood risk management.
I can confirm that we do not hold this information. We do no hold this information because we do not have any people who work specifically in the area of flood risk management.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.