Request for information – FOI14544
Thank you for your email of 20 April 2015, requesting:
1. Does your company have a certified ISO14001 and/or ISO9001 system? If so, please include a copy of the certificate(s).
2. Does your company have an Environmental Policy? If so, please include a copy.
3. Has your company been involved in any major incidents of an environmental nature in the last five years, e.g. spillage of chemicals/oil?
4. Has your company or any of its staff been convicted of an environmental offence in the last five years?
5. Do you have any environmental improvement programmes in place e.g. waste minimisation, energy efficiency programmes?
6. If you carry waste, do you hold a valid Waste Carriers Licence? Please include a copy.
Is this waste disposed of to a licensed waste disposal site?
I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold the information you have requested to respond to your information request.
1. Ordnance Survey does not have a certified ISO14001 and/or ISO9001 system.
2. Ordnance Survey does have an Environmental Policy. This information is exempt under Section 21 of the FOIA – Information Accessible to applicant by other means. The reason this information is exempt, is because it is already published on our website.
3. Ordnance Survey has not been involved in any major incidents of an environmental nature in the last five years.
4. Ordnance Survey or any of its staff have not been convicted of any environmental offence in the last five years.
5. Ordnance Survey does have environmental improvement programmes in place however we are currently awaiting new targets as the Greening Government Commitments have now expired.
6. Ordnance Survey is not a waste carrier (does not transport waste), therefore Ordnance Survey does not need a waste carriers licence.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.