FOI14567 – Request for information
Thank you for your email of 20 July 2015, requesting:
I wish to submit a freedom of information request to the organisation with regards to their current recycling and waste support and maintenance contracts.
Examples of recycling contracts you could have:
- Green Waste Disposal
- Household Waste Recycling Centres
- Refuse Recycling Street Cleaning
- Recycling Collection Services
Examples of waste management contracts you could have:
- Waste Development Environmental Assessment
- Waste Transfer & MRF (Materials recovery facility)
- Waste Disposal Landfill
- Bulky Waste
For each of the types of contract above please can you send me :
- Contract Type- From the examples given above please state what type of contract this is. Please state other and type of contract if the type of contract is not listed above. In some cases the organisation will have one or two big contracts that is covered in a managed contract please state in the contract description what services the contract provides as well.
- The supplier of the recycling or waste contract
- What is the annual average spends for each of the suppliers. For those organisations with new contracts can you please specify the estimated spend?
- A brief description of what the contract entails. Please to specific to the services provided under these contract(s). Please provide me with a few sentences.
- What is the contract duration of the each of the contract(s)?
- What is the start date of each contract(s)?
- What is the expiry date of each contract(s)?
- When does the organisation intend to review these contract(s)
- Who is responsible for reviewing this contract please send me their full name, actual job title, contact number and their direct email address.
Even if the organisation has a managed contract please can you send me all the contract information I have requested including the contact details.
If this contract has just been award within the last six months can you please send me information on the shortlist of suppliers that bid on the contract?
I am pleased to provide you with the attached spreadsheet with regard to your request. (Please note: this file is omitted from this published response, but available upon request). I confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold some of the information you have requested. Where the information is not held or is exempt from disclosure this is detailed.
Information relating to the contact details of the person who is responsible for reviewing the contract is held by Ordnance Survey but is exempt from disclosure under Section 40(2) of the FOIA ' personal information'.
We consider this exemption applies because the release of: employees names, personal contact telephone numbers and their own work e-mail address constitutes personal data, and is exempt because the release of this information would breach one of the data protection principles, as detailed in Section 40(3) (a) (i) of the FOIA.
In applying this exemption, we have considered whether disclosure of the personal data in question would be 'fair' (as described in Part II of Schedule 1 to the Data Protection Act). We have also given particular consideration to the likely expectations of the data subject regarding the disclosure of their personal information in this manner.
Under Section 16 of the FOIA 'the duty to provide advice and assistance' we can advise of our general Customer Service telephone number: 03456 050505 and our Customer Service email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When Section 40(2) of the FOIA is engaged, and where the release of the requested information would breach one of the Data Protection principles, this constitutes an absolute exemption, and no public interest test is required.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.