Request for information – FOI14626
Thank you for your email of 13 January 2016, requesting the following information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act FOIA 2000:
Please can you send me the following contract information with regards to the organisation’s telephone system maintenance contract (VOIP or PBX, other) for hardware and Software maintenance and support:
1. Contract type: Maintenance, Managed, Shared (If so please state orgs).
2. Existing supplier: If there is more than one supplier please split each contract up individually.
3. Annual average spend: The annual average spend for this contract and please provide the average spend over the past three years for each provider.
4. Number of users.
5. Hardware brand: The primary hardware brand of the organisation’s telephone system.
6. Application(s) running on PBX/VOIP systems: Applications that run on the actual PBX or VOIP system. E.g. Contact Centre, Communication Manager.
7. Telephone system type: PBX, VOIP, Lync etc.
8. Contract duration: please include any extension periods.
9. Contract expiry date: Please provide me with the day/month/year.
10. Contract review date: Please provide me with the day/month/year.
11. Contract description: Please provide me with a brief description of the overall service provided under this contract.
12. Contact details: Of the person from with the organisation responsible for each contract full contact details including full name, job title, direct contact number and direct email address.
If the service support area has more than one provider for telephone maintenance then can you please split each contract up individually for each provider.
If the contract is a managed service or is a contract that provides more than just telephone maintenance please can you send me all of the information specified above including the person from within the organisation responsible for that particular contract.
If the maintenance for telephone systems is maintained in-house please can you provide me with:
1. Number of users.
2. Hardware brand: The primary hardware brand of the organisation’s telephone system.
3. Application(s) running on PBX/VOIP systems: Applications that run on the actual PBX or VOIP system. E.g. Contact Centre, Communication Manager.
4. Contact details: Of the person from with the organisation responsible for telephone maintenance full contact details including full name, job title, direct contact number and direct email address.
5. Also if the contract is due to expire please provide me with the likely outcome of the expiring contract.
If this is a new contract or a new supplier please can you provide me with a short list of suppliers that bid on this service/support contract?
I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold some of the information you have requested to respond to your information request. I can confirm that the maintenance for telephone systems is maintained in-house. Where the information is not held or exempt from disclosure this is stated.
1. I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold this information. The number of users is approximately 1,500.
2. I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold this information. The primary hardware brand of Ordnance Survey telephone system is Cisco.
3. I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold this information. The applications running on the hardware are Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express and Cisco Unity.
4. I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold this information.
5. I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold this information. The person who is responsible for the telephone maintenance is the Network Operations Operational Lead. Information relating to the contact details of this person is exempt from disclosure under Section 40(2) of the FOIA 'personal information'.
Section 40(2) – Personal Information
We consider this exemption applies because the release of: employees names, personal contact telephone numbers and their own work email address constitutes personal data, and is exempt because the release of this information would breach one of the data protection principles, as detailed in Section 40(3) (a) (i) of the FOIA.
In applying this exemption, we have considered whether disclosure of the personal data in question would be 'fair' (as described in Part II of Schedule 1 to the Data Protection Act). We have also given particular consideration to the likely expectations of the data subject regarding the disclosure of their personal information in this manner.
Under Section 16 of the FOIA 'the duty to provide advice and assistance' we can advise of our general Customer Service telephone number: 03456 050505 and our Customer Service email: email@example.com.
When Section 40(2) of the FOIA is engaged, and where the release of the requested information would breach one of the Data Protection principles, this constitutes an absolute exemption, and no public interest test is required.
I hope the above is of use to you.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.