Request for Information - FOI16644
Thank you for your email of 19 February 16, requesting information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act FOIA 2000:
Under the Freedom of Information Act, for the years 2006 to 2015 inclusive, would you please fully disclose the following details, breaking the figures by year:
1. How much revenue has been received by your organisation for services rendered to film and television productions? This could include location rental, permits and all other services related to film productions using your personnel or resources.
2. Please outline the type of work or service rendered in each case, and disclose the revenue received for each type of service.
3. How much has your organisation spent on facilitating such arrangements between 2006 to 2015, inclusive, broken down by year?
I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold the information you have requested.
Ordnance Survey has received no revenue for services rendered to film and television productions for the years 2006 to 2015 inclusive.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.