FOI16650– Request for information
Thank you for your email of 3 March 16, requesting the following information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
- Does your department (or any unit within it) currently use or hold a subscription to any World-Check product? (Note: World-Check is a subscription-only database provided by Thomson Reuters. To be sure about the product I have in mind, more details can be found here:
- If YES to Q1, what is the name of the World-Check product(s)?
- If YES to Q1, what is the total annual subscription cost your department pays? If the cost is not a fixed amount, please provide the total paid to World-Check for services in 2015.
- If YES to Q1, how long has it held a subscription to or used World-Check?
- Please specify which units within your department hold the subscription.
- If NO to Q1, has your department (or any unit within it) ever previously used or held a subscription to any World-Check product?
- If YES to Q5, what was the name of the World-Check product?
- If YES to Q5, what is the last total annual subscription cost it paid? If the cost is not a fixed amount, please provide the total paid to World-Check for the last available year.
- If YES to Q5, how long did it use or hold a subscription to World-Check?
- Please specify which units within your department previously held the subscription.
I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold the information you have requested.
- Ordnance Survey does not currently use or hold a subscription to any World-Check product.
- Ordnance Survey has not previously used or held a subscription to any World-Check product.
I hope this helps with your enquiry.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.