FOI16664– Request for information
Thank you for your email of 8 April 16, requesting the following information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
Please confirm, for each of the last five calendar years (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015):
- How many Freedom of Information Requests did Ordnance Survey receive?
- How many of these requests resulted in full disclosure of the requested information?
- How many requests resulted in partial disclosure?
- How many requests were rejected?
Thank you for clarifying that for bullet point 4 above you required information in respect of both requests where information is not held and requests where information is not released due to being exempt from disclosure.
I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold this information and the answers are as follows:-
Number of Requests
Number of requests resulting in full disclosure
Number of requests resulting in partial disclosure
Number of requests where information exempt from disclosure
Number of requests where the information was not held
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal
Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.