FOI16682– Request for information
Thank you for your email of 20 May 16, requesting the following information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
Please can you provide me with the organisation’s existing contracts relating to facilities management for each of the categories below:
- Property and building services maintenance
- Cleaning and janitorial services
- Security services - from building and car park security to prisoner escorting services
- Catering services
For each of the contract above can you please provide me with the organisation’s primary/main contracts that are above £1,000.00. if there is no contracts above this value this request can be discarded but please respond and state this.
1. What is the type of contract please pick from one of the categories above? If the organisation has a fully managed contract please state “Managed”.
2. Who is the supplier for this contract? Please can you provide me with the contract information for each individual supplier?
3. What is the annual average spend? Please can you provide me with the contract information for each individual supplier?
4. What is the contract duration? Please also provide me with any extensions that may be offered to the supplier.
5. What is the contract expiry date? Please at least provide me with the month and year.
6. When will this contract be reviewed? Please at least provide me with the month and year.
7. Can you please provide me with the total number of sites the contract covers? An estimate will also be acceptable.
8. What services are provided under this contract? A brief description will be acceptable.
9. Who is the main contact from within the organisation responsible for reviewing this contract? Can you please provide me with their full name, actual job title, contact number and direct email address?
10. Notes: If the contract information provided is going to be expiring within the next three months it would be helpful to know if you’re going to renew or are planning to go to tender for a new contract for this particular service.
I'd be very grateful if you would input the information into the spread sheet attached.
Please acknowledge this freedom of information request.
I am pleased to provide you with the attached spreadsheet (PDF) with regards to your request. I confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold some of the information you have requested. Where the information is not held or is exempt from disclosure, this is detailed.
Information relating to the contact details of the person who is responsible of the above contract is held by Ordnance Survey but is exempt from disclosure under Section 40(2) of the FOIA 'personal information'.
We consider this exemption applies because the release of: employees names, personal contact telephone numbers and their own work email address constitutes personal data, and is exempt because the release of this information would breach one of the data protection principles, as detailed in Section 40(3) (a) (i) of the FOIA.
In applying this exemption, we have considered whether disclosure of the personal data in question would be 'fair' (as described in Part II of Schedule 1 to the Data Protection Act). We have also given particular consideration to the likely expectations of the data subject regarding the disclosure of their personal information in this manner.
Under Section 16 of the FOIA 'the duty to provide advice and assistance' we can advise of our general Customer Service telephone number: 03456 050505 and our Customer Service email: email@example.com.
When Section 40(2) of the FOIA is engaged, and where the release of the requested information would breach one of the Data Protection principles, this constitutes an absolute exemption, and no public interest test is required.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.