FOI16699 – Request for information
Thank you for your email of 3 August 2016, requesting the following information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
- Please provide figures for full-time equivalised annual basic salaries in response to the questions below:
- Please disclose the mean earnings for male employees and the mean earnings for female employees for the most recent year for which you have figures, and please state the dates to which it refers;
- Please disclose the median earnings for male employees and the median earnings for female employees for the most recent year for which you have figures and please state the dates to which it refers;
- Please disclose the number of male employees by quartile salary bands and the number of female employees by quartile salary bands.
- If within the limits allowable under the FOIA, please also provide the respective figures for questions 1-3 for the preceding 12 month period, and state the end date.
I confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold the information you have requested. I am pleased to provide you with the attached spread sheet (PDF) with regard to your request.
Please note that as before we are not able to provide the information requested as an average of the most recent year or for the preceding 12 month period. The information provided in the attached spreadsheet is only correct as at the dates specified.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.