FOI16702 – Request for information
Thank you for your email of 16 September 2016, requesting the following information in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000:
I would be very grateful if you could provide me with information in relation to your mobile, data and telecommunications service contracts including the following information:
- Name of contract;
- Full contact details of the Senior Responsible Officer, Senior ICT Officer, Senior Contract Manager, and Chief Technology Officer responsible for these services.
- Type of contract (what product or service it provides in broad terms);
- Term of the contract (with start and end dates);
- Total spend to date on the contract; and/or
- Total amount the contract is likely to cost;
- The incumbent supplier;
- If and when you will be procuring a replacement service;
- Will the replacement service be on a like for like basis or a new technology and what that new technology might be;
- Details of any existing contract notices, prior information motices or pre-market engagement for the replacement of any of these services.
I would like the above information to be provided to me as an electronic copy preferably set out on an excel spreadsheet with each question as a column heading.
I am pleased to provide you with the attached spreadsheet (PDF) with regard to your request. I confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold the information you have requested. Where the information is exempt from disclosure this is detailed.
Information relating to the internal contact details of the attached contracts is held by Ordnance Survey but is exempt from disclosure under Section 40 (2) of the FOIA ‘personal information’.
We consider this exemption applies because the release of: employees names, personal contact telephone numbers and their own work email addresses constitutes personal data, and is exempt because the release of this information would breach one of the data protection principles, as detailed in Section 40 (3) (a) (i) of the FOIA.
In applying this exemption, we have considered whether disclosure of the personal data in question would be 'fair' (as described in Part II of Schedule 1 to the Data Protection Act). We have also given particular consideration to the likely expectations of the data subject regarding the disclosure of their personal information in this manner.
Under Section 16 of the FOIA ‘the duty to provide advice and assistance’ we can advise of our general Customer Service telephone number: 03456 05 05 05 and our Customer Service email: email@example.com.
When Section 40 (2) of the FOIA is engaged, and where the release of the requested information would breach one of the Data Protection principles, this constitutes an absolute exemption, and no public interest test is required.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.