FOI16722 - Request for information
Thank you for your email of 15 November 2016 in which you narrowed the scope of your request FOI16718 submitted to us on behalf of XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX, in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000:
Please provide documentation and correspondence, whether by email or other means, within Ordnance Survey or between:
- Ordnance Survey, its subsidiary companies or representatives, and
- Government, in particular, DCMS and the Treasury on the subject of mapping, cell planning and related issues for 5G mobile networks. This might be described by the generic title of ‘5G mapping’.
- The period for the request is limited to 1st April 2015 to 15th August 2016 inclusive.
- This request is limited to employees and agents of Ordnance Survey who have communicated with the Treasury and DCMS, but includes both internal and external correspondence of these individuals.
Section 12 of the FOIA
We have considered the new scope of your request FOI16722 and have assessed that we will not be able to respond to your refined request FOI16722 without further clarification.
As advised previously with regards to request FOI116718, section 12 of the FOIA makes provision for public authorities to refuse requests for information where the cost of dealing with them would exceed the appropriate limit, which is set at £450 (18 hours).
Although you have specified a time frame and limited the relevant individuals in scope, we estimate that it will take us in excess of the applicable time limit of 18 hours to determine the appropriate material and locate, retrieve and extract the information in reference to your refined request, therefore, your request will not be processed further.
You may wish to refine your request FOI16722 further.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.