Request for Information - FOI17749
Thank you for your email of 14 March 2017 requesting information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000:
I would like to receive details of any planning work that has been carried out to understand the possible impact of Brexit on IT systems operated by or behalf of Ordnance Survey, including any relevant arms-length bodies.
Planning work could include internal investigations, seeking advice from other government bodies, external consultancy, systems testing or development. By 'impact' I mean modifications to existing IT systems, and/or development of new systems, required to enact any changes to government policy that might result from Britain’s departure from the EU.
Please could you let me have:
1. Details of any such planning work carried out to date, and which IT system(s) it relates to.
2. Any advice the organisation has received, as a result of this planning work, about actions it may need to take to ensure its IT systems are ready for Brexit, including estimated costs if available.
3. An indication of whether the organisation has already undertaken these actions, is planning to undertake them, or is considering them pending further information.
I confirm that Ordnance Survey does not hold the information you have requested under points 1 and 2 above.
In relation to point 3 above, we do not consider your question to be a valid request as it is not a specific request for information held in a recorded format in accordance with section 8 of the FOIA. In any event, point 3 relates to actions referenced in advice which is the subject of point 2 of your request; since our response confirms that we do not hold the information requested under point 2, point 3 is inapplicable.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.