Request for information - FOI17756
Thank you for your email of 23 March 2017, requesting information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000.
We acknowledge your information request to be:
1. Please disclose the number of staff found to have falsified their CVs/job applications in the calendar years 2015 and 2016.
2. In each case, please disclose the individual's job grade and what action was taken.
3. Separately, please provide a table showing all job grades and salary bands - with a key to any grade terminology used.
I confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold some of the information you have requested. We can confirm that no staff were found to have falsified their CVs/job applications in calendar years 2015 and 2016. As such, point 2 from your request above is not applicable.
In relation to point 3 above, Ordnance Survey no longer operates a job grade structure linked directly to a salary range or band. As such, the information you have requested in point 3 above is not held. Under our duty to provide advice and assistance, we can inform you that the job grade structure has been replaced by career levels, and these career levels do not have salary ranges as each role (within these career levels) is matched individually to the market.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.