Request for information - FOI17766
Thank you for your email of 12 May 2017, requesting information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000.
I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold some of the information you have requested. Where the information is not held, or is exempt from disclosure, this is stated. Taking each request in turn, I confirm the following:
1. What Finance System do you use for financial management and planning?
SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning).
2. What is the monetary value of the annual support/subscription for your current Finance System?
Although we do hold this information, it is exempt from disclosure under section 43(2) (prejudice to the commercial interests of any person) and also under section 41(1) (information provided in confidence). The information is commercially sensitive to our supplier, and is protected by confidentiality provisions.
We consider that the release of this information would be likely to cause commercial prejudice to our supplier, as it comprises commercial pricing information which could be used to the disadvantage of our supplier in its negotiations with other customers, and could also be used by the competitors of our supplier. In addition, disclosure of this information would be likely to have an adverse impact on Ordnance Survey’s ability to negotiate the best price for future support services.
Whilst section 41(1) is an absolute exemption, section 43(2) is a qualified exemption and we are required to consider the public interest. Ordnance Survey recognises the need for transparency; however, this has to be balanced against the public interest in allowing the organisation and third parties to protect their commercial information. In this case, we are satisfied that there is greater public interest in withholding the information under this exemption.
3. Which vendor implemented your current Finance System?
4. Do you currently have a partner supporting your Finance System? If the so, who is your current support partner?
OS does not have a partner supporting our Finance System.
5. What is the monetary value of the annual support fee for your support partner?
6. When is the contract for the current Finance System expiring?
There is an annual rolling SAP licence commencing 1 January each year.
7. Are you planning to renew your current Finance System or tender for a new system upon expiry?
We are planning to renew.
8. Will you be using an external partner to conduct a system requirements review?
This is currently under consideration.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.