The Freedom of Information (FoI) Act 2000 gives you the right of access to information held by public bodies like us that is not routinely available from other sources.
We take our responsibilities under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) 2004 seriously. We are not obliged to publish responses to FOIA and EIR requests but we consider it best practice to do so and, as a result, we publish our responses to FOIA and EIR requests received in the past three years:
Please note that:
- Not all of the requests we have received have been published, since many are of a similar nature.
- In exceptional circumstances (e.g. where we are involved in an ongoing legal dispute with the requester) we may not publish certain responses (in whole or in part, including enclosures).
How to make an FoI request
If our website does not provide the information you require, you can make a request for information under FoI by either emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at:
Customer Service Centre
In your request please:
- be as specific as possible about the information you require;
- include your name and email or postal address so that we can reply in full; and
- state in your application if you prefer your information in a particular format, such as a photocopy or on computer disk.
If you have difficulty in identifying the precise information you require, or have difficulty in making the application in writing, call us on 03456 05 05 05.
What happens next
We will advise you within 20 working days if we hold the information you have requested and can release it. We might provide your information in our first response.
The FoI Act allows us, in exceptional cases, to extend the 20 working day response time where we are exempting information in accordnance with a qualified exemption, to fully consider where the public interest lies.
Please note that:
- If we estimate that it is likely to take more than 18 working hours to compile your information, the FoI Act permits us to charge you to fulfil your request at a rate of £25/hour + VAT, as set out in our Freedom of Information Fees Policy.
- If your requested information falls within categories specified in the Act, such as personal data about individual employees, we may withhold it.
If you are unhappy in any way with our response, you may ask us to reconsider, as set out in our FoI and EIR internal review procedure.