Postcode lookup software is used to help provide accurate address information. If a user is typing in an address, the postcode lookup tool predicts the correct address as you go, saving time and returning reliable results.
Why use a Postcode Lookup Software?
Using a postcode lookup tool can be very beneficial in a number of ways, this includes:
- Helping the user to find an accurate address, minimising the risk of typing errors
- Speeding up the process of entering information when using a website, improving the customer’s experience
- Ensures accurate data by providing up-to-date geographical information
- It’s easy to use and user friendly
- Decreases the chance of abandoned checkouts and helps to improve ecommerce conversion rate
Postcode Lookup Software for websites
In today’s busy climate, consumers look for answers…and want them fast. You may even have found yourself repeatedly typing in addresses online, and grown tired of the lengthy search process. This is why address and postcode finders are the perfect tools for a range of websites.
As previously mentioned, postcode lookup tools return reliable address suggestions to users, improving the overall customer experience. Address and postcode finders are also advantageous for staff working in customer services, where there is increased pressure to search through a database containing millions of addresses and to promptly select the correct location.
Address and postcode finders are particularly helpful for businesses, as you can efficiently filter search results between commercial and residential addresses, helping to increase the effectiveness of direct marketing.
How it works
Using a postcode lookup tool couldn’t be simpler. Here are the typical steps when using one to search for an address:
- Begin by typing in part of an address or postcode
- Results will begin to show, however, providing more information will narrow your search further
- Scroll through the results and select the location you need
There are however, a few things to keep in mind:
- If searching for a company name which is common (for example, Asda), then you may need to provide a few more details, such as the town or street name.
- Some buildings have names instead of numbers. In these cases, you can use either the building name or street address to obtain the same results.
Looking for a Postcode Lookup Software?
Addressbase is Ordnance Survey’s postal address data for the UK, accurately identifying and locating properties using coordinates assigned to the Royal Mail PAF® data (the UK’s most up-to-date address database) through the software created by our partners.