Logistics management is the process of delivering goods, services and information to the customer. It involves management of the supply chain, taking the goods from their place of origin all the way to the end user. Everything from sourcing the goods to delivering it to paying customers is included within the supply chain, and good logistics management can save businesses money and improve customer satisfaction.
There are some key considerations within logistics management:
- Sourcing the right quantity of goods
- Sourcing the right quality of goods
- Making the goods available to the customer at the right time
- Pricing the good appropriately for the customer
- Delivering the goods to the customer