The Royal Mail Postcode Address File (PAF) is an up-to-date address database, containing over 30 million UK postal addresses. It has numerous benefits, such as helping to verify addresses in seconds, making online transactions easier and ensuring that mail is delivered efficiently.
This is why PAF is an integral part of Ordnance Survey’s AddressBase. Combining the postal data of millions in the UK with local authority data, Unique Delivery Point Reference Numbers (UDPRN) and X and Y coordinates allows organisations to provide professional services to their customers, helping to increase the number of online sale conversions and lessening the risks of fraud.
Postcode lookup software is used to help provide accurate address information. If a user is typing in an address, the postcode lookup tool predicts the correct address as you go, saving time and returning reliable results.
Why use a Postcode Lookup Software?
Using a postcode lookup tool can be very beneficial in a number of ways, this includes:
- Helping the user to find an accurate address, minimising the risk of typing errors
- Speeding up the process of entering information when using a website, improving the customer’s experience
- Ensures accurate data by providing up-to-date geographical information
- It’s easy to use and user friendly
- Decreases the chance of abandoned checkouts and helps to improve ecommerce conversion rate