East Hampshire District Council and Winchester City Council deliver significant cost savings from a new joint waste management contract.
By working together and with support from geographic information from Ordnance Survey and Geoplace™, East Hampshire District Council and Winchester City Council were tasked with securing a new waste management contract that would offer considerable cost-savings and efficiency improvement across both local authority areas.
Using accurate, large-scale mapping data from Ordnance Survey and addressing information from Geoplace within its geographical information system (GIS), the partnership was able to identify savings and improvements that led to a new waste management contract with Biffa®. A total cost-saving of £1.4 million per annum and the use of GIS to provide data to all partners will help to enable these savings to be met. The Hometrack® SIA GIS is being used extensively to enable the contract to be delivered.
Future developments will include web delivery of information across the customer base of in excess of 105 000 properties to provide customers with accurate and current information at the click of a button.
- A cost-saving of £1.4 million per annum.
- Web delivery of information to 105 000 properties.
- Consistency of information and data collected across both authorities.
- Speed of processing complex datasets.
- Management of direct mail lists.
- Providing a platform for all partners to be able to use.