Solving what the UK Government calls ‘the broken housing market’, is one of the biggest challenges of our age.
Accurate and up-to-date information on property is frustratingly difficult to access. Sprift’s innovative platform is helping ensure this knowledge is now at the fingertips of buyers, sellers, investors and agents.
Sprift is improving the efficiency and transparency of a market that’s fundamental to the UK’s growth and to its citizens’ wellbeing.
What were the challenges?
- Technology means people now expect to receive the information they need at the click of a button. The property market is traditionally opaque.
- How to bring together in one place, and in a user-friendly and accurate way, all the information clients need to know about property.
- Making sense of datasets in a way that works for a range of different audience/client types: for example, investors, renters, house buyers, property developers, solicitors, and surveyors.
- Developing a platform that helps take the stress out of property, whether buying, selling, developing or managing it.
What was the solution?
Key to the success of Sprift is the quality of this data and how we present it to our users. Our partnership with Ordnance Survey is at the very heart of this, allowing us to present all information in the most comprehensive and transparent way. We are proud that we embed a map of the quality of the OS Master Map and all associated data.Matt Gilpin, Founder and CEO of Sprift
- Sprift has created the most transparent and comprehensive property data platform by bringing together datasets and overlaying this intelligence on OS MasterMap.
- Sprift works for property developers and investors looking to start or grow their property portfolio.
- Sprift is ‘co-created’, meaning the more people who join the partnership, the better the experience.
- Feedback shows that OS MasterMap’s usability and visual accessibility is key to the positive perceptions users have of the Sprift platform.
What was the outcome?
- For the first time, the market has a single point of access for all information on any property in the country.
- Micro-businesses and SMEs looking to invest and grow, are saving time and money that used to be spent searching the internet and travelling the country.
- Agents can partner with Sprift to ensure their clients are given the most accurate and up-to-date information on properties in their area.
- Buying, renting or selling a house often tops the list of most stressful aspects of modern life. By logging on to Sprift, users can access all property data they need, in real-time, improving and de-stressing this experience.
- Sprift is helping the Government respond to the problems of the UK’s housing market, supporting developers to bring forward new homes, and helping people onto and up the housing ladder.