The following guides (PDF) were produced by our Consultancy and Technical Services team (formerly Pre- and Post-Sales Support) for members of the PSMA and OSMA, and distributed at events during late 2012.
Their content assumes that you have some understanding of database practices and SQL (so if you are just getting started with GIS, our videos explaining how you can use OS OpenData provide a gentler introduction).
- 1 – Implementing an OpenSource spatial data infrastructure
- 2 – Installing a PostgreSQL database with the PostGIS spatial extension
- 3 – Installing the QGIS desktop application on a personal computer
- 4 – Working with Ordnance Survey data in QGIS
(Updated December 2013 to cover QGIS 2.0 and upwards)
- 5 – Loading and using spatial data in a PostGIS database
- 6 – Setting up GeoServer web mapping server on a Windows machine
- 7 – Using a pgRouting with OS MasterMap ITN Layer
We hope you find them useful.