- Has this product been withdrawn?
Please see below for details on changes to this product announced on 1st March 2013:
- Can I define my own area using this product?
Yes, it is possible to order user defined areas by;
- specific tile identities;
- administrative region; or
- bounding box; or
- irregular shape.
The product is also available by;
- Great Britain
Tiles are supplied whole and not clipped to fit geographic areas.
- Can I geo-reference the data file?
To locate 1:10 000 Scale Raster data tiles in their correct geographic position in a GIS they need to be 'georeferenced'.
If you need to georeference the data, this can only be achieved in AutoCAD® or a GIS and requires the user to create their own file. Virtually all GIS will read either a MapInfo® TAB or an ESRI® TFW world file. Both differ slightly in the way that they are set up, so the user needs to identify which system they can use.
Refer to the Technical Information or follow the link below about geo-referencing.
- Does Ordnance Survey provide a Legend containing the symbols?
Yes - a Legend is available to download as a PDF.