Latest OS MasterMap release details
- The latest OS MasterMap Topography and ITN data release is:
|Publication date||Extraction date|
|29 August 2017||08 August 2017|
All layers are available to order on DVD, via FTP or through the Download centre.
As a part of our Continuous revision activity, we perform the improvements on OS MasterMap urban content. More information about the progress is available here.
As a part of our ongoing Cyclic revision since July 2016 we have updated Tidal data for the following areas:
- England - 1583.8 km of coastline in Amble, Bridlington, Coverhurst Bay, ChiltonTrinity, Gerrans Bay, Grimsby, Kettleness, KilnseaClays, Lyme Regis, Otterhampton, Padstow, Penzance, Porthtowan, Wallasea Island, Wells-next-the-sea, Whitstable
- Scotland - 789.1 km of coastline in Armadale, Auchenmaig Bay, Balemartine, Balivanich Isle of Benbecula, Bay of Skaill, Bay of Stove, Bridgend, Buckhaven, Fresgoe, Geirinish, South Uist, Grobister, Orkney, Inverkirkaig, Kirkstyle, Lower Dounreay, Millport, Newton-on-Ayr, Orasaigh, South Uist, Portskerra, Saltcoats, Sanday, Orkney (image 1), Sanday, Orkney (image 2), Sanday, Orkney (image 3), Skelmorlie, Stronsay, Thurso, Tiree, Torrisdale, Totegan, Troon, Vatersay, West Darlochan
- Wales - 82.1 km of coastline in Porthmadog.
OS MasterMap Topography Layer contains a very small number of overlapping polygons and 'holes' in the data. These problems are transient and the application of normal Change Only Updates (COU) will remove them in due course.
Known Topography Layer issues:
- There is an overlapping area caused by a small polygon near Harmondsworth, see image.
- There are two overlapping areas near the steelworks outside Newport, see image.
- There is a large gap on the outskirts of Church Leigh near Uttoxeter, see image.
- There is a gap at the edge of Chittering, see image.
There is a missing line in Cambridge, see image.
Known ITN Layer issues:
- Routing is blocked on the A183 near Marsden Beach, South Shields (439220, 565512) by a road link (osgb5000005170261665) attributed as one-way that should be two-way, see image. The link exiting the image bottom right should be two-way. As a result, routing along the A183 will only work in the north-westerly direction at this location.
The A5047 Primary Route is blocked by an Access Prohibited to All Vehicles restriction (osgb4000000013130539) near the Wavertree Botanic Gardens in Liverpool (337400, 390589). The restriction is applied to the eastbound lane of the dual carriage way only, but as a result will not allow routing through the restriction for any vehicle.
All previously published errors have been corrected.
For past messages, please see the archive.
Urban Path Network updates
This release is validated against and aligned to OS MasterMap® Integrated Transport Network™ released on 05 June 2017.
|OS MasterMap ITN Layer Urban Paths – country zip files||July 17|
|OS MasterMap ITN Layer Urban Paths – 5x5 tile download||July 17|
Future publication of Urban Path Network
Below is our future schedule of publishing Urban Path Network and the ITN product release with which it will have been validated and aligned. We aim to keep these schedules up to date, but you should treat these dates as a guide only as they are subject to change. The ITN used for validation and alignment will be confirmed when Urban Path Network is published.
|Urban Path Network||OS MasterMap ITN Layer|
|October 2017||29 August 2017|
OS MasterMap Sites Layer updates
OS MasterMap Sites Layer is updated every six months. Please see the table below for the latest release date:
|OS MasterMap Sites Layer||April 2017|
Building Height Attribute updates
Building Height Attribute is an alpha release currently under the development. Please see the table below for the latest release date:
|Building Height Attribute||December 2014|