Latest OS MasterMap release details
- The latest OS MasterMap Topography and ITN data release is:
|Publication date||Extraction date|
|05 June 2017||18 May 2017|
All layers are available to order on DVD, via FTP or through the Download centre.
As a part of our Continuous revision activity, we perform the improvements on OS MasterMap urban content. More information about the progress is available here.
As a part of our ongoing Cyclic revision since July 2016 we have updated Tidal data for the following areas:
- England - 681.3 km of coastline in Amble, Bridlington, Coverhurst Bay, Gerrans Bay, Grimsby, Kettleness, Lyme Regis, Padstow, Penzance, Porthtowan, Wallasea Island, Whitstable;
- Scotland - 550.1 km of coastline in Armadale, Balivanich Isle of Benbecula, Bay of Skaill, Buckhaven, Fresgoe, Geirinish, South Uist, Grobister, Orkney, Kirkstyle, Lower Dounreay, Newton-on-Ayr, Orasaigh, South Uist, Portskerra, Saltcoats, Sanday, Orkney (image 1), Sanday, Orkney (image 2), Skelmorlie, Thurso, Torrisdale, Totegan, Troon;
- Wales - 82.1 km of coastline in Porthmadog.
OS MasterMap Topography Layer contains a very small number of overlapping polygons and 'holes' in the data. These problems are transient and the application of normal Change Only Updates (COU) will remove them in due course.
Known Topography Layer issues:
- There is a gap caused by a missing feature near Upper Minety, Wiltshire, see image.
There are no known ITN issues in this release.
All previously published errors have been corrected.
For past messages, please see the archive.
Urban Path Network updates
This release is validated against and aligned to OS MasterMap® Integrated Transport Network™ released on 13 March 2017.
|OS MasterMap ITN Layer Urban Paths – country zip files||April 17
|OS MasterMap ITN Layer Urban Paths – 5x5 tile download||April 17|
Future publication of Urban Path Network
Below is our future schedule of publishing Urban Path Network and the ITN product release with which it will have been validated and aligned. We aim to keep these schedules up to date, but you should treat these dates as a guide only as they are subject to change. The ITN used for validation and alignment will be confirmed when Urban Path Network is published.
|Urban Path Network||OS MasterMap ITN Layer|
|July 2017||05 June 2017|
OS MasterMap Sites Layer updates
OS MasterMap Sites Layer is updated every six months. Please see the table below for the latest release date:
|OS MasterMap Sites Layer||April 2017|
Building Height Attribute updates
Building Height Attribute is an alpha release currently under the development. Please see the table below for the latest release date:
|Building Height Attribute||December 2014|