Latest OS MasterMap release details
- The latest OS MasterMap Topography and ITN data release is:
|Publication date||Extraction date|
|20 November 2017||2 November 2017|
All layers are available to order on DVD, via FTP or through the Download centre.
As a part of our Continuous revision activity, we perform the improvements on OS MasterMap urban content. More information about the progress is available here.
As a part of our ongoing Cyclic revision since July 2016 we have updated Tidal data for the following areas:
- England - 1681.1 km of coastline in Amble, Bridlington, Coverhurst Bay, ChiltonTrinity, Gerrans Bay, Grimsby, Kettleness, KilnseaClays, Lyme Regis, Otterhampton, Padstow, Penzance, Porthtowan, Wallasea Island, Wells-next-the-sea, Whitstable, Highbridge, Bridgwater, Somerset
- Scotland - 961 km of coastline in Armadale, Auchenmaig Bay, Balemartine, Balivanich Isle of Benbecula, Bay of Skaill, Bay of Stove, Bridgend, Buckhaven, Fresgoe, Geirinish, South Uist, Grobister, Orkney, Inverkirkaig, Kirkstyle, Lower Dounreay, Millport, Newton-on-Ayr, Orasaigh, South Uist, Portskerra, Saltcoats, Sanday, Orkney (image 1), Sanday, Orkney (image 2), Sanday, Orkney (image 3), Skelmorlie, Stronsay, Thurso, Tiree, Torrisdale, Totegan, Troon, Vatersay, West Darlochan, Auskerry, Orkney, Balivanich, Inverness-shire, Bowmore, Argyllshire, Campbeltown, Argyllshire, Fuday, Inverness-shire, Holms of Spurness Little Linga Linga Holm, Orkney, Otterswick, Orkney, Skirza, Caithness, Stronsay, Orkney, Tayport, Fife, Thurso, Caithness, Tiree, Argyllshire
- Wales - 82.1 km of coastline in Porthmadog.
OS MasterMap Topography Layer contains a very small number of overlapping polygons and 'holes' in the data. These problems are transient and the application of normal Change Only Updates (COU) will remove them in due course.
Known Topography Layer issues:
- There is a gap caused by missing area features near Nottingham, see image.
- There are overlapping areas near Chatteris in Cambridgeshire, see image
- There are overlapping lines in Feltham, see image.
Known ITN Layer issues:
The full supply matches the FVDS. However, the COU does not. After applying the latest COU, the database contains one extra feature due to a Road feature (osgb4000000005205283). The references will be updated ahead of the next release.
A55 Road Primary Route dual carriageway route blocked by one-way(osgb4000000013087024) in the wrong direction (329399, 365145 to 330489, 364209), see image.
The A39 Road single carriageway route blocked by incorrect No-Entry node(osgb4000000020995940) (224209, 109548), see image.
- The M25 Motorway single carriageway route is blocked by missing grade separation node (501737, 168027), see image.
All previously published errors have been corrected.
For past messages, please see the archive.
Urban Path Network updates
This release is validated against and aligned to OS MasterMap® Integrated Transport Network™ released on 29 August 2017.
|OS MasterMap ITN Layer Urban Paths – country zip files||October 17|
|OS MasterMap ITN Layer Urban Paths – 5x5 tile download||October 17|
Future publication of Urban Path Network
Below is our future schedule of publishing Urban Path Network and the ITN product release with which it will have been validated and aligned. We aim to keep these schedules up to date, but you should treat these dates asa guide only as they are subject to change. The ITN used for validation and alignment will be confirmed when Urban Path Network is published.
|Urban Path Network||OS MasterMap ITN Layer|
|January 2018||20 November 2017|
OS MasterMap Sites Layer updates
OS MasterMap Sites Layer is updated every six months. Please see the table below for the latest release date:
|OS MasterMap Sites Layer||April 2017|
Building Height Attribute updates
Building Height Attribute is an alpha release currently under the development. Please see the table below for the latest release date:
|Building Height Attribute||December 2014|