Following our system issue last week, OS Orders is now available to accept new orders of OS MasterMap Topography Layer and OS MasterMap Integrated Transport Network Layer. We will be conducting additional quality checks, which may slightly delay some orders.
Whilst we continue to investigate the issue, certain OS MasterMap Topography Layer and ITN Layer update orders to existing contracts (where you have specified your Area of Interest) will be held.
Rest assured that we are working hard to restore normal service in the shortest time frame, and we will keep you informed of the developments.
Please accept our apologies for any impact this may have had for your business and your customers. You can contact our Customer Service Centre or your Account Manager with any questions.
Latest OS MasterMap release details
- The latest OS MasterMap Topography and ITN data release is:
|Publication date||Extraction date|
|02 May 2017||06 April 2017|
All layers are available to order on DVD, via FTP or through the Download centre.
As a part of our Continuous revision activity, we perform the improvements on OS MasterMap urban content. More information about the progress is available here.
As a part of our ongoing Cyclic revision since July 2016 we have updated Tidal data for the following areas:
- England - 681.3 km of coastline in Amble, Bridlington, Coverhurst Bay, Gerrans Bay, Grimsby, Kettleness, Lyme Regis, Padstow, Penzance, Porthtowan, Wallasea Island, Whitstable;
- Scotland - 347.6 km of coastline in Buckhaven, Fresgoe, Kirkstyle, Saltcoats, Sanday, Thurso, Torrisdale, Totegan;
- Wales - 82.1 km of coastline in Porthmadog.
OS MasterMap Topography Layer contains a very small number of overlapping polygons and 'holes' in the data. These problems are transient and the application of normal Change Only Updates (COU) will remove them in due course.
Known Topography Layer issues:
- There are gaps and overlaps caused by a misalogned features near Jericho, Bury, see image.
- There are two instances of errors caused by an overlapping feature near Jericho, Bury, see image one and two.
- There is a gap caused by a missing feature near Hathern, Loughborough, see image.
Known ITN issues:
- In this release of ITN, the COU supply does not match the FVDS. There are two invalid Road Route Information features (osgb4000000018979411 and osgb4000000019774114). These features reference deleted Road Link features and are located near Leicester and Coventry. We advise customers to delete the features from their holdings or accept the mismatch this release and the features will be corrected in the next update.
- There is a missing link on the A20 near Junction 8 of the M20, see image.
- There is a missing link on the B5569 near Junction 19 of the M6, see image.
All previously published errors have been corrected.
For past messages, please see the archive.
Urban Path Network updates
This release is validated against and aligned to OS MasterMap® Integrated Transport Network™ released on 14 November 2016.
|OS MasterMap ITN Layer Urban Paths – country zip files||April 17
|OS MasterMap ITN Layer Urban Paths – 5x5 tile download||April 17|
Future publication of Urban Path Network
Below is our future schedule of publishing Urban Path Network and the ITN product release with which it will have been validated and aligned. We aim to keep these schedules up to date, but you should treat these dates as a guide only as they are subject to change. The ITN used for validation and alignment will be confirmed when Urban Path Network is published.
|Urban Path Network||OS MasterMap ITN Layer|
|July 2017||05 June 2017|
OS MasterMap Sites Layer updates
OS MasterMap Sites Layer is updated every six months. Please see the table below for the latest release date:
|OS MasterMap Sites Layer||April 2017|
Building Height Attribute updates
Building Height Attribute is an alpha release currently under the development. Please see the table below for the latest release date:
|Building Height Attribute||December 2014|