Latest OS MasterMap release details
- The latest OS MasterMap Topography and ITN data release is:
|Publication date||Extraction date|
|3 September 2018||12 August 2018|
All layers are available to order on DVD, via FTP or through the Download centre.
Please note that from 31 March 2019 OS MasterMap ITN (including UPN) will be withdrawn and replaced by OS MasterMap Highways Network. The last update to ITN will be scheduled for 25 February 2019.For all the information about the migration including why it's happening; the benefits of Highways; a comparison between ITN and Highways; a timeline of events; webinars and FAQs - please visit our dedicated web page www.os.uk/itnmigration.
As part of our continuous revision activity, we perform the improvements on OS MasterMap urban content. View our urban content improvement map to see areas where we're making content improvements.
As a part of our ongoing cyclic revision since July 2016, we've updated Tidal data for the following areas:
- England & Wales - 3209.9 km & 237.9 km of coastline updated to date
- Scotland - 1987.1 km of coastline updated to date
OS MasterMap Topography Layer contains a small number of errors in the data. These include an overlapping area, a gap between features and a double digitalised lines. These problems are transient and the application of normal Change Only Updates (COU) will remove them in due course.
Known Topography Layer issues:
- There is an instance of overlapping areas (image).
- There is an instance of a gap between area features (image).
- There is an instance of a double digitalised line (image).
- Following the release of descriptive terms, there is a bridge improvement program currently in progress which is due to complete later on this summer.
- There is a known issue with some of the TOID lifecycle versions on 83 Cartographic Text features. This will be resolved in the next release.
Known ITN Layer issues:
Both full supply and COU match the FVDS. No discrepancies were found in this ITN release. Schema validations of the COU and full supply contain no errors.
There were a few errors identified this refresh:
- Incorrect one-way links on A584 (image)
- No Entry on wrong link on A570 (image)
- No Entry on wrong link on an A road (image)
- Missing link on A51 (image)
- Missing grade separation on A525 (image)
- No Entry on wrong link on a primary route (image)
- Incorrect one-way on an A road (image)
There were no links with missing road number identified this refresh.
All previously published errors have been corrected.
For past messages, please see the archive.
Urban Path Network updates
This release is validated against and aligned to OS MasterMap® Integrated Transport Network™ released on 30 July 2018.
|OS MasterMap ITN Layer Urban Paths – country zip files||October 18|
|OS MasterMap ITN Layer Urban Paths – 5x5 tile download||October 18|
Future publication of Urban Path Network
Below is our future schedule of publishing Urban Path Network and the ITN product release with which it will have been validated and aligned. We aim to keep these schedules up to date, but you should treat these dates as a guide only as they are subject to change. The ITN used for validation and alignment will be confirmed when Urban Path Network is published.
|Urban Path Network||OS MasterMap ITN Layer|
|January 2019||22 October 2018|
OS MasterMap Sites Layer updates
OS MasterMap Sites Layer is updated every six months. Please see the table below for the latest release date:
|OS MasterMap Sites Layer||November 2017|
Building Height Attribute updates
Building Height Attribute is updated every six months. Please see the table below for the latest release date:
|Building Height Attribute||October 2017|