Latest OS MasterMap release details
- The latest OS MasterMap Topography and ITN data release is:
|Publication date||Extraction date|
|14 November 2016||20 October 2016|
All layers are available to order on DVD, via FTP or through the Download centre.
Details on Content improvement areas, included in this refresh are available here.
Known Topography Layer issues:
- There is well known issue where 4 Cartographic Symbols have an incorrect orientation of 360° (osgb5000005188681989, osgb5000005187838725, osgb5000005190309740 and osgb5000005189829653).
Known ITN issues:
- In this release the ITN COU and FVDS TOID counts do not match which will result in having a surplus TOID in your database which isn’t in the FVDS file. The surplus TOID is a Ferry Link, osgb4000000003267855. We advise customers to either remove this TOID from their holdings or ignore the discrepancy as it will be fixed for the next release.
- The A82 Primary Route feature is not contiguous across its extent. The network is complete and the RoadLinks are not missing (231555.772, 801217.248). However, the RoadLinks, osgb4000000003553719, osgb5000005170682014, osgb4000000003508991 and osgb4000000003543522 are not referenced by the following Road feature osgb4000000004307764, see image.
- There is a missing link along Southwall Road, Deal (637041, 152684), see image.
- There is a missing link along Church Street, North Cave (489475, 432611), see image.
OS MasterMap Topography Layer contains a very small number of overlapping polygons and 'holes' in the data. These problems are transient and the application of normal Change Only Updates (COU) will remove them in due course.
All previously published errors have been corrected.
For past messages, please see the archive.
Urban Path Network updates
This release is validated against and aligned to OS MasterMap® Integrated Transport Network™ released on 22 August 2016.
|OS MasterMap ITN Layer Urban Paths – country zip files||October 16
|OS MasterMap ITN Layer Urban Paths – 5x5 tile download||October 16|
Future publication of Urban Path Network
Below is our future schedule of publishing Urban Path Network and the ITN product release with which it will have been validated and aligned. We aim to keep these schedules up to date, but you should treat these dates as a guide only as they are subject to change. The ITN used for validation and alignment will be confirmed when Urban Path Network is published.
|Urban Path Network||OS MasterMap ITN Layer|
|January 2017||14 November 2016|
OS MasterMap Sites Layer updates
OS MasterMap Sites Layer is updated every six months. Please see the table below for the latest release date:
|OS MasterMap Sites Layer||October 2016|
Building Height Attribute updates
Building Height Attribute is an alpha release currently under the development. Please see the table below for the latest release date:
|Building Height Attribute||December 2014|