Licensed partners can obtain digital map data from Ordnance Survey for inclusion within their own products and/or services under the terms of the Framework Contract (Partners) (FCP).
The FCP is the umbrella agreement which outlines the commercial relationship between OS and the licensed partner. A number of Contracts (including the Business Solutions - Data Components Contract) sit under the FCP and provide specific terms relating to the product(s)/service(s) being offered.
Below is a brief description of activities covered by the terms of the Business Solutions - Data Components Contract. This is only a summary of the key points and therefore not exhaustive, so please refer to the Contract for full details. If you're a Licensed Partner already you can view this here.
Under this Contract, we grant you a licence to create products/services in the form of Data Component solutions from OS Data for your customers' internal business use (referred to as "Licensed Use" in our contract/s).
In particular, this contract covers datasets that you create using our Data and which may comprise:
- Polygons that have 5% or less coincidence with our data, such as a sales territory
- Points, such as nature reserves
- Attribution Data extracted from our data, such as the size of a building
- Output Data obtained from interrogating the Licensed Data
- Building Data comprising Building Polygon and the Associated Attribution Data extracted from OS MasterMap Topography Layer
- Sites Data
- Full Address Record (including (UPRN) extracted from AddressBase
Postal Address Record (including UPRN) extracted from AddressBase
Royalties are payable annualy in advance or in perpetuity in respect of each customer. They apply per data component supplied to the customer or per User in the case of Data Solutions comprising postal addresses and UPRN.
The following OS products can be licensed under this contract:
- 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster
- 1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster
- OS MasterMap Integrated Transport Network Layer – Road Network and Road Routing Information Theme
- OS MasterMap Topography Layer
- OS MasterMap Networks Water Layer
- AddressBase Plus
- AddressBase Premium
Please note that additional terms apply for datasets containing third party data.