This Overview highlights some of the key points from the contract; please refer to the Contract for full terms and conditions. Please contact our Customer Service Centre for further information.
This contract sets out the terms by which partners can resell both replica and modified Ordnance Survey data for an end‑user’s own business use, meaning the internal administration and operation of their business. The terms mirror those of our Framework Contract (Direct Customers) including the ‘Free to use Data’ terms.
Conditions of Use
Under the Distribution Contract, Partners can:
- Distribute all Ordnance Survey licensed data including updates as they become available.
- Grant End‑user Licences for a minimum period of 12 months and maximum period of five (5) years.
- Combine rights from this contract with other contracts to offer customers a package of rights. This enables a wider range of activities to be covered.
- Appoint Resellers and Sub-Partners.
- Grant the end-user archive rights.
- Grant the end user contractor rights.
Provide data sharing rights to Corporate Groups where certain data can be shared between members of the same Corporate Group.
Supply Qualifying Replica Licensed Data to third parties on a royalty free basis where the sharing party is licensed for the same area coverage of the same Replica Data being supplied and/or received.
Partners must not:
Rename Ordnance Survey product brand names and trade marks when supplying Ordnance Survey licensed data where no changes have been applied to the data.
Licensed use (end-user terms)
There are three variants of licensed use terms which are available to facilitate specific customer requirements:
- Public body
All of the variants include terms for ‘Free to use Data’ which permits unrestricted internal and external use by end‑users (including data sharing) of such data during the term of the Distribution Contract and on expiry of the Distribution Contract.
Licensees with Standard Licensed Use Rights are entitled to share qualifying data with Public bodies. Both the Customer and Sharing party must be licensed for Business Use or Public Sector Use for the same area of coverage of the same qualifying licensed data being supplied and/or received.
- At least one year’s royalty is payable when any product other than Points of Interest is licensed to a customer.
- Royalties are calculated on the number of terminals a customer is licensed to use the data on and the size of the area supplied (coverage).
- Multiple year discounts may be applied to the list price of OS MasterMap products.
- Terminal band discounts may apply below corporate use level (101+ terminals) on all products other than Points of Interest, to which different terminal bandings apply.
- The number of terminals on which a customer may access licensed data, and/or the area of coverage of that data, may be increased during the period of their sub-licence.
For AddressBase products royalties may also be priced on a per record basis; additional Third party royalty fees are payable.
Licensed Data available under the Distribution Contract:
- AddressBase® Plus
- AddressBase® Premium
- 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster1
- 1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster1
- Code-Point® with polygons
- OS Terrain® 5
- OS MasterMap® Imagery Layer
- OS MasterMap® Topography Layer
- OS MasterMap® Networks Water Layer
- OS MasterMap® Integrated Transport Network™ Layer – Road Network Theme
- OS MasterMap® Integrated Transport Network™ Layer – Road Network and Road Routing Information Theme
- OS MasterMap® Integrated Transport Network™ Layer – Urban Paths Theme
- OS VectorMap® Local
- OS VectorMap® Local Black and White Raster
- OS VectorMap® Local Colour Raster
- OS VectorMap® Local Colour Raster - Backdrop
- Points of Interest
- Historical Licensed Data 1:1 2502
- Historical Licensed Data 1:2 5002
- Historical Licensed Data 1:10 0002
- Historical Licensed Data 1:10 5602
1 660 DPI High Resolution Data also available.
2 The contract includes terms that allow the reproduction of historical licensed data already in your possession that was originally published by us on or before 31 December 1995.
Note: Additional terms apply for each dataset containing Third party data.