Licensed partners can obtain digital map data from Ordnance Survey for inclusion within their own products and/or services and/or onward distribution/resale under the terms of the Framework Contract (Partners) (FCP).
The FCP is the umbrella agreement which outlines the commercial relationship between Ordnance Survey and the licensed partner. A number of Contracts sit under the FCP which provide specific terms related to the activity being conducted.
For your reference below is a brief description of the key provisions covered by the terms of the FCP. Please note the information below is a summary and therefore not exhaustive, you should always refer to the Contract for full details:
Access to Licensed Data
- Obligations (both Ordnance Survey’s and yours)
- Grant of Licence including the licence we grant you, Sub-licensing, Sub-partnering, Conditions of Sub-licence and the standard Contractor Licence
- Trial, testing and developing with Ordnance Survey Data
- Trade Marks, branding and copyright acknowledgements
- Royalties including Royalties due, Royalty statement, invoicing and Minimum Royalties
- Variation and Notice
- Termination and Expiry (including effects of termination and expiry)
- Warranties, Liabilities and Indemnities
If you have any queries about this summary, please contact your account manager in the normal way.
The current version of the FCP can be viewed here.