Licensed partners can obtain digital map data from Ordnance Survey for inclusion within their own products and/or services under the terms of the Framework Contract (Partners) (FCP).
The FCP is the umbrella agreement which outlines the commercial relationship between OS and the licensed partner. A number of Contracts (including the Printed Products Contract) sit under the FCP and provide specific terms relating to the product(s)/service(s) being offered.
Below is a brief description of activities covered by the terms of the Printed Products Contract. This is only a summary of the key points and therefore not exhaustive, so please refer to the Contract for full details. If you're a Licensed Partner already you can view this here.
Under this Contract, you may use Facsimile or Redrawn Ordnance Survey Data to create products that are printed onto any physical medium - or made available in an electronic raster format - just as long as those images aren't geo-referenced. That includes Merchandising products.
For example, you could create:
- a recreational map, such as walking, hiking, rambling, running, cycling
- a free information leaflet, such as a tourist guide
- a road atlas
- a bespoke map site centred on a customer’s chosen location
- a merchandising product such as a mug or t-shirt
- a report - such as environmental or property reports
Electronic copies of printed products must be static: they have to be in a raster format that doesn't allow the viewer to edit, manipulate or extract the licensed data.
We have to give our consent before any merchandising products can be manufactured. Your account manager can explain how to apply for approval.
Royalties are generally calculated on the number of Kilometers or hectares of Facsimile or Redrawn mapping included in your publication.
The following OS products can be licensed under this contract:
- 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster
- 1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster
- OS Terrain® 5
- OS VectorMap® Local
- OS VectorMap® Local Black and White Raster
- OS VectorMap® Local Colour Raster
- OS VectorMap® Local - Backdrop
- OS MasterMap® Integrated Transport Network™ Layer – Road Network and Road Routing Information Theme
- OS MasterMap® Topography Layer
- OS MasterMap® Imagery Layer
- OS MasterMap® Networks- Water Layer
- Points of Interest
- Code-Point with polygons
- AddressBase® Plus
- AddressBase® Premium
- Historical Licensed Data (1:1 250 scale)
- Historical Licensed Data (1:2 500 scale)
- Historical Licensed Data (1:10 000 scale)
- Historical Licensed Data (1:10 560 scale)
Please note that additional terms apply to datasets containing third party data.