Energy Saving Trust
The Energy Saving Trust was formed in 1992. In November 2011, the Energy Saving Trust Foundation was formed as a social enterprise with charitable status. The Energy Saving Trust Foundation gives impartial, accurate and independent advice to householders and communities on how to reduce carbon emissions, how to use water more sustainably and how to save money on energy bills.
We also provide a range of services to business and industry to promote the delivery of measures to improve energy efficiency and alleviate fuel poverty.
The Energy Saving Trust has undertaken extensive analysis of OS MasterMap and OS Street View map layers to develop several products that help target energy use and CO2 emissions. The following data is available at the address level for over 24 million homes in Great Britain:
- Roof orientation data.
- Distance to gas mains.
- m2 footprint of dwelling.
- Property type (detached, semi-detached, mid terrace, end terrace, flat).
- Wind driven rain exposure zone.
- Distance to nearest other dwelling.
- Wind speed.
- Distance to nearest biomass supplier. These products can be combined with other EST address level data on
- Wall type.
- Loft insulation.
- Fuel type.
- Glazing type.
- Boiler type.
- Property tenure.
- Property age.
- Number of bedrooms.
- Eligibility for energy efficiency funding.