OS MasterMap Imagery is now hosted within Ordnance Survey. This has brought several improvements for customers:
- Data is now sent by download or hard drive depending upon the size of the order within a process similar to other Ordnance Survey products.
- Filenames have been standardised to match other Ordnance Survey products
- The new filenames remove the need to create geo-referencing files for every update
- Change only updates are now available so that customers can automatically receive new data in their area
- The MrSID format has been withdrawn due to low use
- Imagery will be updated quarterly.
Imagery has also benefited from a new interactive currency map which is a much needed portal for customers to view currency in their area of interest. The imagery strategy continues apace with plans for high resolution, a pricing review and sample infra-red imagery all in discussion.
OS Terrain birthday
OS Terrain recently celebrated its first birthday. Since its creation we have sold GB sets to the Forestry Commission, HBOS and Network Rail. We are now concentrating on getting to know our customers, developing the product and migrating the last of our land-Form Profile users before it is withdrawn in October 2014. OS Terrain 50 is an open data hit and attracts many users.
Have a look at the blog article for more.
Redesigned sample data web pages
We have redesigned the sample data pages on our web site to provide customers with an easier view of the data. We have also refreshed the data itself. Take a look.