1:250 000 Scale Colour Raster
Get the regional view of towns and villages, roads and places of interest.
Encourage tourism in your area. With lots of tourist attractions featured, it’s a great map for your website to help visitors plan days out.
Enhance a leaflet or sales brochure with a map of your local area. You can open the files in image editing software and cut out the area you need.
Save money and benefit from simple licensing terms. 1:250,000 Scale Colour Raster is free to view, download and use for commercial, education and personal purposes.
|Key features||What this product offers|
TIFF palette 8-bit (256 colours) with LZW compression
Palette of 256 colours
Once a year, in June (complete resupply)
Online download and DVD
How is this data supplied and what do I need to use it?
1:250 000 Scale Colour Raster is available to download. You can also get it on DVD. You’ll need geographic information system (GIS) software to use the data for analysis. You can also open individual tiles in image editing software to cut out map extracts.
Is a monochrome version available?
Unfortunately, we don’t supply one. Some GIS applications let you load the colour image and choose a greyscale option from an on-screen menu. This will change the colours on an image to shades of grey (greyscale). On a true monochrome map, features would be either black or white. This wouldn’t be the best way to display 1:250 000 Scale Colour Raster.
1:250 000 Scale Colour Raster is available under the following Licences:
Our open data products are covered by the Open Government Licence (OGL), which allows you to:
- copy, distribute and transmit the data;
- adapt the data; and
- exploit the data commercially, whether by sub-licensing it, combining it with other data, or including it in your own product or application.
We simply ask that you acknowledge the copyright and the source of the data by including the following attribution statement:
- Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2018
- Where you use Code-Point Open data, you must also use the following attribution statements:
- Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and Database right 2018
- Contains National Statistics data © Crown copyright and database right 2018